Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What up

Welcome back! Much of the same stuff has been going on since I last left you all. I haven't really done any more exploring, but rather got to really know the area of the Asian sıde. Social life is becoming pretty stable and have made some really good friends. I do not have work these next few days and there was word that a group of us would possibly rent a student's house over on one of the islands, but I just got word that tomorrow morning I will FINALLY be going to get my residency permit. It will be an early morning, but once it is done- we can rent a place and get our bank account set up and all that good stuff. So, I guess that whole island idea won't be happening. That will have to be another time. Also, now that the residency permit is getting taken care of- there can be travel plans in the future! That will be nice because we won't have to worry about wondering if we have to go get that permit anymore.
Travel plans to Germany for Oktoberfest are coming under way too. It is going to be such an awesome trip. We are flying into Munich and then taking a train over to Stuttgart for about 3 nights. People keep saying that the Oktoberfest there is so much more authentic and less of a tourist sight, not to mention cheaper. Anyway, Germany in general will just be amazing, so I am super stoked on that. We'll be in Munich for the last day/night and then return to reality- which still, is pretty nice. There are a few potentials to join us on this adventure and so it is just going to be crazy. Until end of September though...
Other than that, we have celebrated a few birthdays and been keeping busy. Today, we will have our weekly lunch/dinner/drinks with our friend Marc and spend a few hours at our favorite restaurant. It will be an early morning tomorrow and then Frıday- who knows. I need to get over to the islands soon! I will be starting a full schedule of classes come Saturday, so maybe I'll take it easy and do some prepping for the full days to come. Who knows though.
I have been finding a ton of new places to eat and grab coffees though. All these places look like they are small little holes in the wall, and then you walk into them and they are huge and some have gardens and nice terraces. The outsides are definitely deceiving! Anywho, there is this bar that is literally a hole in the wall. There is no name and no sign posted anywhere, but you walk through the door and there is an amazing outdoor lounge area and a few floors of the place. It was a great find!
There are a few more people living here now, so that makes this place feel a little more alive. It was so weird before walking into a huge building and rarely seeing anyone. So, it is kinda nice now... but of course this happens as we are on the verge of finding a place to live!
Anyway, I need to get going. As I am the veteran here now, I owe the newbies a tour of where to buy things. I have a ton more pictures and some more stories, but some people are waiting for the only computer that has internet right now.
Talk to you all soon, peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha great to hear from you. but never use that color for the font again. haah it is a little hard to read. i had to highlight everything to read it. love you kaiki

Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like you are making things "homey" - that's nice. I agree with Andrew about the font - hard on these old eyes!!! Cant' wait to see more pictures! Love you and miss you bunches! Mom

Anonymous said...

much easier!!!! thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!
You really need to get out more, girl. hee hee I am enjoying reading of your adventures!
Love, Annie G.
P.S. I am trying to keep your mom in line. It is not always easy.